Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

queston on s10 airbar for tony, or anyone!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• queston on s10 airbar for tony, or anyone!!!

i am going to install my airbar for my 98 reg cab s10 this weekend. I also ordered a set of 2.25" bolt in notches. now when i ordered, i was told that i should get shorter shocks, but tony seemed to think the stock should be fine. my question is, will they definately be ok, or will i need the shorter ones. I just talked with someone there, and they said that the airbar was not designed to run w/ a notch, and i may have other problems, even though many s10s have this small notch. What should i do??
    =smitcat=

RE: queston on s10 airbar for tony, or anyone!!!

I was told that they don' t recommend it also. But your not trying to drive it at that hieght just drop it lower. Tony told me because he had a reg cag he had to mod the gas tank crossmember and shim the axle, but for me I run an x cab and would be fine with the 2 1/2 inch notch. The shock thing is new to me and hope we hear something soon on it before I go and order the notches..

Comment

I think that the only reason that they do not recommend running a notch with the air bar is that it may cause an angle to where the drive shaft will come in contact with the cab or the gas tank crossmember. With the shocks you will just have to measure them and see. When you get your truck done let the air out and see if the shocks bottom out. If they do it would be wise to purchase a new set. You can usually get a book at the auto parts store with all the shock specs that you need. Extended length collapsed length and all that jazz. I wouldn' t personally know about the airbar kit I made my own fourlink. Have fun drop me a line if you need help.
      Laters

Comment

Yea, make sure the shock doesn' t bottom out and make damn sure the bag dosn' t bottom out or overextend. F9000 bag dimensions are 4.5" collapsed and 12" extended.

Comment

i am also going to add blocks... currently i had planned on using 1" blocks, but i have 2" blocks... should i use the 2' s? that will keep the bag from bottoming out and over extending b/c it keeps it in the same place.. correct???

Comment

just a thought, but I have seen 2 1/2 notches with adjustable jounce bumpers built in. I think you can get em from aim.

Comment

Just bridge notch it man. 40 bucks and about 4 to 6 wours welding and cutting depending on abilities. But you do have to make a hole in the bed. But make a cover. Sorry I am sure that you want to keep your bed in tack that is why you are doing it that way. Let me know if I can help email m e BigMikesdropshop@msn.com
              Laters
              mike

Comment

Working...
              X